Sunday, November 20, 2011

Vivian Maier & photobooth #4

Friday night Vincent and I headed to brooklyn to see a slideshow presentation about the life and work of street photographer Vivian Maier.


It was a great presentation and it was awesome to see old photos of my hometown, Chicago (as well as some of New York). Vivian Maier seemed like a fascinating person who was extremely dedicated to her craft. I really enjoy her work and look forward to seeing more of it and learning more about her life as her story unfolds. Although she was a private person and not many people knew a lot about her, her sense of humor and curiosity is expressed through her beautiful photographs. I learned that Vivian Maier was a solo world traveler, a quiet observer, and a collector of things, and I'd be lying if i said that I didn't see a little bit of myself in her.
Thank you, John Maloof for taking the time to scan & catalog thousands of negatives and to uncover information about this amazing artist.









photos by Vivian Maier; Courtesy of John Maloof
http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/
http://www.vivianmaier.com/


After the presentation we headed down the block to visit Bubbys Brooklyn, pick up some chocolate peanut butter pie, and check photobooth #4 off of our list.





only 17 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment